Sunday 11 December 2011

End of the Year, end of innocence

I have one child about to start Grade 1 at school, and my baby is now a toddler.
I'm feeling very old... I never thought I'd feel old at 28... mind you, when you're a teenager you never think about being 28. 28 seems old when you're under 18.

Miss M has decided that she doesn't want to do afterschool care any more. I put her in afterschool care because she needed an afterschool activity, and she keeps changing her mind about what she wants to do. So I figured she'd get some fun out of it, with the activities they do. She's now decided she's "sick of it", so she won't be doing it next year. I'm disappointed, because I really did enjoy my Mondays and Fridays to myself! Yes, I'm one of those "selfish" parents who enjoys a twice-a-week break from the kiddies. They're very much loved and wanted, but with my depression and everthing that went wrong with Master C's birth, I needed time to recouperate. Now I'm doing a lot better, so I really don't need her in afterschool care twice a week.

My nan was saying to me, the other day, that she's suddenly realised that she's old. She's always felt young, and old age has suddenly crept up on her. She's starting to feel her age now. She's in her eighties.  I guess that's kind of what I'm feeling like now.... I've always felt like a kid, a teenager. And now suddenly I'm feeling more like an adult. It's scary!

Master C will still be going to creche on Mondays and Fridays, it's good for him to have the social interaction. Not to mention the fact that I'm still trying to complete my bookkeeping course, and it's very hard to study with a toddler underfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment