Friday 30 December 2011

Head Lice Central

    It's Head Lice Central here after Miss M's 6th birthday party last night.
One of the mums invited mentioned that her kids had been treated for head lice the night before. I felt pretty bad, because I'm a bit slack with checking Maddison's hair. So this morning I checked her hair, and was VERY surprised to see a few adults and hundreds of babies. Crap.
     She's currently sitting on the couch watching Rio and waiting for the solution to do it's thang.
I had one adult myself yesterday, but haven't had any others. I went through my head with a fine tooth comb (literally!), and there's nothing but dandruff (something that I've always been very prone to). So it's just Madd.
I may have to check Master C's hair when he wakes up from his nap.
    
     I'm wondering how often other parents check their kids' hair for lice. Madd hadn't been scratching at ALL, which is why I hadn't even thought about checking her hair. If I ever see her scratching her head, I always check her. But I'm wondering if maybe I should get into a routine of checking it once week or something.
     Lice are frustrating little critters. They breed like rabbits. In fact, I'm thinking that saying should be changed to say "They breed like lice". Because let's face it - lice breed WAY better than rabbits! You start with once lice, and suddenly you have a whole tribe of lice all dancing around like it's 1999.
     So today will be a nice quiet day at home, just the kids and I. Until our friends L & S and S's daughter K come around for dinner at around 5.30pm. They're awesome people, and they raise K pretty much the same way we believe in raising our kids. So we get along pretty well.
    Time to go wash out the solution, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment