Friday 9 December 2011

Today's News

Had breakfast at the restaurant this morning, and Miss M was being a typical 6 year old - she wouldn't sit still or be quiet, she insisted on standing on a chair and singing. There was only one other table sitting outside with us, and we were there first. It makes me wonder if anyone else would have let their kid sing, or tell them to sit down and be quiet.
I chose the latter.

I took the kids to the gym that I belong to and where they also do their swimming lessons.
I got into the pool area, then sent Madd up to the front to ask for the cupboard key so I could get Cooper's floaties out (I'd left them there at swimming without thinking). When the lady came down and told me she didn't have a key to that cupboard, I happened to glance at the booking board for the swimming pool.
"Don't you do family swimming here any more??" I asked. They don't.
Apparently there were too many parents who were letting their kids use the pool without supervising them. So a few idiots have ruined it for the rest of us. I loved the fact that the kids and I could swim there together for free on the weekends. I'm not impressed that they cancelled it. It's one of the main reasons I became a member again.
 Fortunately we got a reprieve, and told we could use the pool one last time. So we enjoyed our swim, and my kids were extremely well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment