Monday 5 December 2011

TIME FOR A CHANGE

I've come to one conclusion over the past few months.... I need to start enjoying my life.
And do that, I need to exclude a few people from my life.
The guy who seemed to be my friend for awhile but really wasn't all that great for me.

The family member from my biological family who always felt excluded from my family. Well DER. My parents (my adoptive parents) don't want anything to do with her, she's not their family. So why should this family member expect to be part of my parents' family?  Oh, and being treated like the rich relative just because I'm not single, on welfare, and I don't have 3 kids I can't care for by myself?


But I digress..... time for a change.
I have always been a very honest person, and I refuse to change that. If you don't want to know what I think, don't ask. I am great at keeping my ears open and my mouth shut, that won't change. But if you ask me what I think about something, or if I don't understand something, I won't hesitate to speak my mind.

I am also now starting on the Dukan Diet.
For my first dinner tonight, I'm having grilled chicken and boiled veggies. No potatoes, no carbs. Just lean meat and vegetables. Lots of water. And 20 minutes exercise a day. Every day.

I have recently started talking to a relative on my partner's side.... he is an amazing person - he's led a very colourful life, and suffered consequences from it. I believe he may have depression, but the more I talk to him the more I want to talk to him and get to know him more. I've always felt lonely, like I'm the only one like me in the world. No one else shares my honesty and openness. I'm always open with people, I keep no secrets (other people's yes, but I have no secrets of my own). K has been very interesting to talk to, and I was in a great mood when I'd finished talking to him. Just goes to show that the family-in-law isn't always bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment